Sunday, March 17, 2024

Alternative cont

 Okay so look.

Nomadic living is actually feasible; it’s something I always wished for but figured only rich people could do it.but that’s not true. 

A lot of nomadic people flow from festival to festival all over the country following the good weather, as vendors. There’s seasonal work to follow the weather as well. 

And worst case scenario? I get a job as a chaplain and park my tiny home on wheels at a mobile home park and rejoin the sedentary way of life again. 

But the way I see it, a bus tiny home is the best of both worlds; I can rent a lot at a mobile home park or lease an annual spot at an rv park, then have the ability to move as I see fit. While also owning my home (once it’s paid off. Same as a mortgage). 

It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a house and it lacks the fear of being stuck somewhere. 

I can refill the water tank at parks, truck stops, and camp sites. I can park for free at national parks, BLM land, truck stops, rest stops, etc. 

if I ever decide I want to buy a brick and mortar home then ill park my bus in the back as a guest house. 


In the meantime; 

-I could keep my Wisconsin residency;  (https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/school-bus-conversion.aspx#:~:text=To%20title%20and%20register%20the,Original%20title%20for%20the%20bus )

- register and pay the taxes on the RV when I get it because after that I only have to pay like $100 a year to renew the license plate/tags. (have them mailed to momma)

- Can park the bus on Jazz's land and drive to mom's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment