Thursday, March 14, 2024

Meal Delivery?

 Okay so... hear me out. 

I struggle with eating. When I do eat I know its not the most nutritional food.I don't have an eating disorder, its just that I forget to eat, I don't have the energy to cook or I don't want to do the dishes, or theres just nothing I WANT to eat.  *Dishes actually plays a very big role in my not eating. 

I am playing around with the idea of doing one of those meal plan delivery things. It would give me a variety of food, nutritional, and If I order for 2 people that means its 2 meals - dinner and lunch the next day... or two dinners. If I eat twice a day then that would mean I need 14 meals a week. Lets be honest... I dont. On the weekends I eat popcorn and cereal. On wednesdays I tent to get pizza at darts, and usually I don't eat during the day. 

However I will try to do better, especially since I will be living closer to home. I also want to try to develope habits... so cooking for the week on one day (cook all the meals in the box), putting them all in tupperwear, and putting them in the deep freeze. I can take out what I want and plop it in the microwave. 

I'll still buy gorceries, but mostly staples (milk, eggs, frozen veggies for snow, snack foods like cheeze its or popcorn kernals, butter, drinks) as needed. I'll keep a few things in the freezer for easy meals if I run out of meal prepped foods/am still hungry after my portion or want to change it up but I know they will last longer now (frozen baked chicken breasts for salads, pot pies, chicken nuggets). I'll keep pantry staples stocked (rice, pasta, potted meats, etc). 

3 meals for 4 people  = 12 meals. This would be $72 a week. (that works out to be about 312 a month) We'll say 285 for budgeting.  thats 10 HEALTHY meals a week. Plus I'd say an extra $50 for the staples from walmart. $362 = $375. Its also nice because I can pause the meal plan anytime. So If I find that I'm not keeping up and eating all of the food, I can move to every other week, every 2 weeks etc. 

I also have been spending less than I allocated on pets. I probably spend about 70 a month on them, maybe a bit less. 


---------

income: $3087 + 175 = 3262 = 3260

$1095 rent

$55 internet 

$120 utilities -- I will pay for electric only but idk what that will look like. 

$271 loan --> pay it back with student loan (could be until May that i even see financial aid)

$50 (sams club) credit (the rest pay with student loan)

$70 Joint membership 

$235 car payment

$90 car insurance 

$370 health insurance through marketplace

$117 student loans (current is $170 but it will be redone in May; i applied for SAVE program)

$70 pets

$44 subscriptions ($9 hulu, $7 pandora, $1 cloud space, 30 webtoon, 7 peacock)

$80 gas (7 min drive to work, visit milwaukee 3 times a month?)

$75 savings 

$50 Roth IRA

$375 Groceries (meal plan, snacks, staples, substitutes)

$45 - Darts (pizza, 2 drinks, & tip)

----------------------------

2945

With the move... I might be able to afford it. Have 1 day of unpleasantness (cooking & dishes. Will do 2 loads of dishes, tupper wear & utensil then cooking dishes)

Maybe I'll splurge and start buying fresh food as my snacks. (carrots for crunch, grapes for flavor, etc)

We shall have to see. 

I also wouldn't be doing this until I went through most of the groceries that I currently have. I'm just going to be sure not to buy anything but the staples until I've gone through my reserve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment