Thursday, March 7, 2024

Bad date

 Okay so this was probably the worst date I have ever been on (not counting traumatic ones). 

So next time I talk to him I’m going to upfront: 


I always give someone 3 dates before I decide if I want to continue seeing a person or not. I considered all 3 of our dates and have decided that I don’t want to keep seeing you. Thank you for letting me get to know you and good luck in your endeavors.


Not a lie, at all. I do give someone 3 dates. If he asks why: 


It boils down to communication. While the first date went great, the conversation was a bit awkward and forced the second and third date. The last date also showed a lack of clear communication of expectations about the date. 

When we agreed to a movie, I had expected to pay for my own ticket however you said you were buying the tickets, so I accepted that. I was going to offer to buy us a large popcorn in return but was going to wait until we were at the theater. Then you suggested we get dinner beforehand and provided the venue. I expected to pay for my own dinner because I never assume someone else will, however I was a bit taken aback when you asked for me to pay for both of us (since you bought the tickets). (And then we each pay for our own snacks)

This had not been communicated before hand and if I had known you expected this I would have declined dinner because I wasn’t expecting to pay for more than $20 for the night (the total for dinner was $45 after the tip). I would easily have agreed to just buy my own ticket if presented the option. I also was embarrassed to answer you when you kept asking why I wasn’t buying popcorn… because I couldn’t afford it. I had already spent double what I had allocated for the night. 

Then there was the awkward moment after dinner where you asked if I wanted to walk to the theater and I said I was too cold so I’d drive. I was confused and uncomfortable that you expected me to give you a ride to the theater when you had driven your own car to the date. 

Overall there seemed to be a lack of communicating expectations & not enough common interest to warrant continuing seeing you. 


——-


Bruh if it weren’t for the fact that I wanted to see the movie (dune 2, it’s awesome go watch it) so bad I would have just left after dinner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment