Thursday, March 21, 2024

Life plans

Okay so I hate the idea of working a job that is not fulfilling for the rest of my life so much that I had decided if the chaplaincy route did not give me the fulfillment i needed to do it every day for the rest of my life I was going to kill myself. 

Since making that decision the gods have presented alternative options. 


so... life plans. 

  • A  - Full time chaplaincy; preferrably at a University but Hospital or Prison is also accepted. (I would most likely work with hospice though)
    • the hard part is getting board certified. I have to have a letter of endorsment from a legally recognized denomination (UU - not likely, Circle Sanctuary, Sacred Well)
  • B - College Professor. Part time Chaplain while I work on a PhD in Religious Studies /Anthropology of religion. 
    • Possible disertation ideas:
      • Spirituality in the festival subculture; an ethnography (research grant to pay for my skoolie and expenses????)
      • The study of devotion; ethnography of comparative devotional living (monk, priest, nun, rabbi, preacher, etc)
  • C - A&B will help me to be able to eventually live either full time or part time nomadically in a skoolie/nice RV while being a vendor for different festivals and fairs. 
    • A will provide a method of income no matter where I live. It is my saftey net. 
    • B will provide me the means to be an online religious studies/anthropology professor as a remote form of income, as well as a potential nesting career. Second saftey net.
      • I am currently looking into the idea of maybe getting a PhD in tandem with my M.Div. If I do that then depending on the program I may get free tuition and a living stipend. Devote myself to just school. (this would not be for this year, but the following, so I have more time to research)
    • C is something I think I would truly benefit from. With A&B as saftey nets. Racheal's house, which ever state she is in, as a home base if I ever need to pause for a moment. My days would be filled with school, adventure, spirituality, nature, and various forms of community. 
This would be a 10 year plan. A can be acheived in the next 4 years. B can be achieved within the next 5-7.  C can be acheieved somewhere in that mean time, if not sooner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment