Monday, March 18, 2024

Nomad vs Nest

Okay so I get it; there's perks to both nomad and nest living. If I don't go full nomad with a Skoolie; I might settle for a House rental or even buying as cheap of a home as I can; and getting a camper. 

Nesting

  • consistency; steady stream of income
  • stability
  • solid community
  • financial security
  • Always have somewhere to come back to
  • shelter from cold weather
  • Familiarity
  • Easier to form relationships
Nomad
  • freedom -  you can go anywhere
  • escaping the 9-5 life
  • work life balance - you work less, because you need less money, you enjoy life more
  • a lot cheaper!!! Money may be inconsistent but you really do need less of it
  • Festival life: Bartering system, communing with nature, spiritual community
  • You form loose community; you'll see a lot of other nomadic people festival to festival
  • minimalism; you find out just how little you need to be happy
  • you control where you go, when you go, when you get up, when you go to bed

I wonder if there was a way I could do 50/50. Be semi-nomadic. Look into Part time chaplaincy. Or look for a work schedule like... 3 12 hour shift days or 4 10 hour shifts. More days off in order for travel? I want to be able to travel to different festivals as a card reading vendor and enjoy festival life. 

I could also look into Part time Chaplaincy and a religious studies adjunct professor/community college professor.  

I not only want to provide spiritual comfort and counseling, but I want to teach others. These might be things I can offer at festivals? 
  • Connecting to the divine; various methods of meditation & connecting via plant medicine
  • Communicating with the divine; various methods of communicating with the divine
  • The divine within; a course on self love & acceptance through spirituality, spiritual abilities
  • Magic & the Divine; introducing the basic forms of magic, magic through different cultures, types & purposes of spells and rituals

No comments:

Post a Comment