Sunday, October 27, 2013

Original Short Story :)

Just a Day in Paradise.
By Lisa Sawyer

       I smiled as I felt something softly touching my hair. I figured it was my cat trying to tell me he was there and it was time to either get up out of bed or time to give him love. “Not now... just a few more minutes” I told him groggily. Through my eyelids I could see faint glimmers of light and...movement?
       “good morning” I heard a beautiful voice croon as I slowly opened my eyes. The drapes were drawn so only little rays of the morning sunlight shown through. I looked up into her smiling face, with kind eyes as she stroked my hair with gentle hands. I looked over my head at my alarm clock, it's bright green message read: 10:30. I smiled sleepily, then bolted up, wide awake.
     “what are you doing here? I thought you had class and then work?” I asked in surprise. Sshe nodded as I spoke but only smiled, a sweet yet mischeivious pixie smile.
     “I decided to call in 'sick' today and I can always call a friend for the notes I missed today. I figured since you weren't feeling well, and I know how you get when you're sick, i'd be 'sick' too.”
She winked at me and kissed my forehead. Then she giggled and said with bright eyes, “what do you want to do today love?”
      But she already knew the answer. When I get sick there I always want to cuddle, snuggle, and watch movies, so she crawled into bed with me, gathered me against her and said that cofee was brewing in the kitchen. I could already smell it wafting into the room as I breathed her in. Snuggling closer to her I sighed contently.
     About half an hour later, both of us still in out pajamas with mugs of cofee in our hands, we were together on the couch. We had descided to watch my favorite Disney movie first. I love how she nurtures my inner child I thought amazed by how lucky I was. As if reading my mind she looked at me, her eyes playful, and stuck her tongue out at me, scrunching up her nose in the process. I giggled, scooted closer to her, and got ready to watch the movie. I always loved “Disney's Peter Pan”, loved how it took me away from the world of grown ups with bills and wrk and college classes, loved how it could make me feel like a little girl again. She could do all that as well, only she made me feel like a child and a woman at the same time.
      While we watched Pan flying around, our toes wrestled at the edge of th blanket. I looked over at her, not expecteing her to already be looking at me with her devilish smile, and saw what she was planning. I giggled, knowing she had decided to have a tickle attack. While I squirmed around, trying to hold off her limber fingers, she pulled me closer and kissed me. Just a playful peck, but it filled me with butterflies and I blushed. She laughed as she stroked my hot cheeks and truned back to the movie. I could feel her kind gaze several times throughout the movies, making her think I wasn't paying attention and I was fairly sure she was doing the same whe I looked at her.
      When the movie finished, she scooted off the sofa and went to the fridge. When she sauntered back to me she carried a bag of grapes, a box of crackers, some sliced cheese, and some hershey's kisses. I looked at her with raised eyebrows. She winked, set everything down and pulled out a grape.
    “Say ahhh” she said, grinning when I opened my mouth. The grape was sweet and cold.
     “Whats next,” I asked her, “movies, you, and now this? Boy I am being spoiled today.”
      “Of coarse. I want to make you feel all better. I hate it when you get sick... although I don't mind the extra time with you,” she winked. As she popped in “The Phantom of the Opera” I scooted into her spot on the couch. She turned and laughed, warning that she would sit on me. I stuck my tongue out at her and she shook her head, sitting on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her as she leaned against me; I could feel any tension she had melt away from her. We sat like this for over half the movie, eating grapes here and crakcers with cheese there.
      Finally I couldn't restrain myself. Slowley I left a trail of small, light butterfly kisses from her shoulder, up her neck, to her ear. She shovered, not from cold, and turned to look at me. The look in her eyes told me that she had the same trail of thoguht I did, which was why I was so surprised when she booped me on the nose.
        “Shame on you” she said playfully, “you're missing the best part.” I rolled my eyes and watched as Roul and Erik, the pahantom, fought in the graveyard. I slowly began to close my eyes, her warmth and the sound of music lulling me to sleep. With my eyelids barely cracked I felt her move. Then a soft pressure as her lip touched mine. I smiled as I fell into a comfortable, blissful darkness. When I awoke I was in my bed. I felt groggy and confused, looking at the clock it read 7:30 a.m.
     I was covered in a thin layer of sweat, i could taste sleep on my tongue, and my cat was wrapped around my head. His yellow eyes looked into mine as I realized, it had been a dream. I groaned and tried to go ack to sleep, wanting to feel her touch again. Then the alarm went off at eight, telling me to get up and get ready for class. I wiped the crust out of my eyes, pulling on sweat pants and a hoodie, and got my things for class. The only thing that made going to class when I had a cold bareable was that I knew I would see her there.

       She was the girl who sat next to me in my creative writnig class. Pixielike and playful, she always had a smile on her face. One day she would direct that smile on me, she did in my dreams at least. I decided, when I got over this cold, I would intoduce myself to her. Make that dream of paradise into a reality. I nodded in determination, sniffled, coughed, and set out for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment