Friday, October 11, 2013

reaction to reaction?

So my friend saw this comment in his newsfeed on facebook, and decided to rant about it. here is his rant:

"This popped up on my newsfeed and I needed a rant place (One of the few gay guys without a blog lol so this is a comment made by a friend of mine and I QUOTE.!)

"I'd like to put it out there that I think gay people should chill out with the "I HAVE THE RIGHT TO LOVE" speeches. Just have sex with whoever you want and calm yo titties. I mean, c'mon. It's not even love. It's just sex you guys are going nuts about."

I dont want anyone to look for this person or throw shade at them its just, its scary that we have young people who believe this and I guess what makes it worst is that if we have people who still believe it than the war on words isnt over and its tiring it truly is. I know ive only been a fighter for gay justice for my few years of life lol and ill never quit dont get me wrong its just its scary. I have pride and confidence and most importantly im young so I have time but what if people stop caring... I guess in a whole that comment made me think that maybe people like the idea but dont want the reality. I dont know that my rant of the day  I just felt like my peers were the best association of people to talk to so... yep"

here is my reaction:

i am lesbian. i don't want sex right now. but i would like to be able to have a girlfriend without getting nasty looks. thats love i'm after, not sex. (same with jake, i love him, i don't want to sleep with him). Although i do think i would be able to seperate the 2 very easily, love and sex, i just want to point out, people can have sex with whoever they want. There are no laws that are still carried out in America that dictates that. There are laws saying that you can't marry the person you love if they happen to be the same gender as you. sex = no ok, but legal. love = not ok, not legal.

^ = messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment